Do you have a passion for innovation? Do you dare to dream big, and do BIG?
Are you driven by making a significant ESG impact for businesses, the planet, for the current and future generations, yet in a practical way and with immediate and tangible results?
Do you want to be part of a team who rolls out at scale a new technology capable to bring a positive change to the world — at a "moving the needle scale" - already now?
We seek the best and brightest with a burning desire for solving challenges through science, technology and innovation.
If you are at a point in your career or life to make a real impact, applying your energy and passion to drive significant change, look no further (we are also interested to hear from talent just into retirement who are seeking 3−4 day/week activity).
ANGARA DECARBONX developed and is rolling out internationally an award-nominated technology helping high-emission industries to abate CO2 yet, profitably for themselves.
A fact-based potential is One billion tons of annual CO2 reduction combined with $ 50bln in positive economic impact. The technology is based on AI-powered Prescriptive Analytics & Smart Chemicals.
Among others, we also help clients in the oil and gas industry. We believe the world shall decarbonize itself fast and in a pragmatic way. In the case of ANGARA DECARBONX, we fight emissions instead of fighting the oil and gas industry.
With the surge of demand of refiners for Angara’s unique on- and offline solution delivering significant energy and carbon savings and many other benefits, we are currently hiring a strong 3 person "Technical Expert Team" for Europe and internationally. We expect this team, consisting of Technical Sales Manager, a Chemical Engineer and a Service Engineer to be able to prepare and progress Angara projects across some 10 refineries. This will consist of meetings with / visits to refining and petrochemical sites to discuss Angara’s technical solution with the local teams, engage with local service providers who conduct the cleaning and prepare significant projects.
While this team should be self-starting and will have good autonomy, it has significant support and back-up of highly experienced staff abroad and in Europe with many projects already successfully delivered. Selectively, we expect this team also to engage in Business Development activities eg exploring application of Angara’s unique technology in other sectors.
While the initial geographic focus in 2022 will be Europe, USA and Asian opportunities are likely to be added given demands there.
Angara is currently setting up a European supply chain, ensuring that the required, bespoke recipe liquids are blended regionally for our Clients. As part of this approach, we will establish an analysis capability to analyze fouling deposits and cleaning wash-out samples through an outsourced European-based laboratory. It is possible that in-time, we may own and operate this ourselves. The final choice of this laboratory is expected to take place in April. Ideally of course, our Chemical Engineer can travel there easily to oversee operations.
• Visiting Customers to collect samples of fouling deposits and to assess the possibility of carrying out chemical cleaning procedures and activities, driving preparation and implementation at the Customer’s site, in conjunction with the rest of the Angara Team;
• Work in the laboratory, and perform chemical analysis of fouling deposit samples and wasted cleaning solutions;
• Supervise the cleaning activities and be in charge of on-site chemical analysis;
• Selection and testing of new ingredients for cleaning formulations;
• Writing internal and external reports on the work done;
• Maintaining the material and technical base of the Europe based laboratory;
• Communication and attending meetings with Customers and Service Providers.
• Vocational school or University degree in Chemical Engineering / Chemistry;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of industrial site work. Preferably in relevant industries: downstream oil & gas, chemicals, petrochemical;
• Fundamental knowledge of Chemistry: supported not only by a diploma, but also by an appropriate level of fundamental knowledge;
• Ability to create something new, not to reproduce methods;
• Ability to independently master new areas of knowledge;
• Skilled in working at a laboratory and overseeing the quality delivery of a laboratory service provider;
• Practical competence in one of the following subject areas is appreciated: 1) corrosion protection, including the use of corrosion inhibitors 2) practical experience in research and development of surfactant/detergent formulations 3) oil and gas technology.
Key performance skills:
• Team player and thriving on interactions with (remote) colleagues and customers;
• Demonstrate initiative as well as strong technical and planning abilities;
• Process and detail oriented;
• Ability to teach lab assistants;
• Drive to clarify technical issues and learn;
• Thorough and professionally way of work;
• Strong, effective communication skills in written and spoken English;
• Mobility, readiness for agile work, trips around Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and possibly USA;
• Eager to get new competences and knowledge;
• Self-starter / can-do attitude;
• Team player;
• Full MS Office suite capability.
Nice to have:
Spanish, French, German, Italian language capabilities